Curry took a shot to the knee, colliding with McKinley Wright, that left him unable to return to Saturday’s win over the Dallas Mavericks. This happened with 2:01 to go in the third quarter, Curry was playing defense against Wright.
When Curry left the game, he immediately had an x-ray – which showed negative. Per the Warriors, he is scheduled for an MRI next.
While he was limping back to the locker room, Curry did so under his own power. Two team trainers examined him on the bench and went back to the locker room with him.
It should be noted that the left knee he injured against the Mavericks is the same knee that he hurt on Thursday against the Denver Nuggets. Per Golden State’s head coach Steve Kerr, he wasn’t too sure if that collision two nights ago impacted this injury in any way.
“Any time a guy gets an MRI, there’s a concern level,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said. “We’ll just have to wait and see the results. … This has happened many, many times over the years. So fingers crossed he’s OK.” (ESPN)
The Warriors are 6-5 without Stephen Curry this season, due to a left shoulder subluxation, so if they are without their franchise player then they’ll be prepared to win games without him.
“If he’s out, then we move forward and we do have some games to look at, some game film to look at,” Kerr said. “We’ll be ready, regardless.”
According to ESPN’s Shams Charania, the National Basketball Association is set to launch an investigation into Gary Trent Jr. and the Milwaukee Bucks regarding the new agreement between the two sides on the four-year, $64 million contract.
The NBA has confirmed they’ll be “continuing to look into” the contract and if anything shady occurred behind closed doors. They view this as possible salary cap circumvention, plus their collective bargaining agreement contains a clause against “prior agreement.”
Trent’s $64 million deal follows two successive seasons playing for Milwaukee at the veteran’s minimum.
The last time the NBA stepped in, investigated, and handed out punishments for this type of alleged behavior was back in 2000 with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Joe Smith. The league proved that both sides signed a written, illegal secret agreement that promised Smith a multi-year, multi-million-dollar contract extension after he had played three seasons on minimum contracts for the organization.
The punishments handed out were penalties and voided a contract; if Trent Jr. and Milwaukee were to be found guilty, then they would most definitely receive some of the same treatment. The extent of the punishment is unknown, as investigation is still pending, but many speculate it would follow the same rules as the Joe Smith situation 26 years ago.
The 27-year-old opted out of his player option to become a free agent this offseason and is set to earn $15.2 million this upcoming regular season.
According to The Athletic, the NBA has made the decision to not punish Bam Adebayo for his altercation with Tyler Herro and him punching Herro. This was in a Las Vegas hotel and gym last week, both the players and the NBPA have discussed this.
“After discussing with the players involved and the NBPA, everyone would prefer to move on from this unfortunate circumstance, and no further action will be taken by the league,” said the spokesperson.
Before Herro was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks, him and Adebayo spent seven years together with the Miami Heat. Screenshots have come out that have direct messages from an Instagram account connected to the new Bucks guard online, this questioned Adebayo’s game and whether he deserves to be making all the money he’s currently making.