Each team’s highest rated players
Each team’s highest rated players
Each team’s highest rated players
We just have to wait a little while longer until we get to purchase NBA2K23 and experience the gloriousness of basketball and what they have in store for us. Honestly, I am excited. But, and this is a common question, what team is the most overpowered team? Which team has players with outstanding ratings? What team should I play with?
Those are common questions when on the search for a title in MyCareer or even in franchise mode for the present day. This article will be breaking down the entire league, which has 30 NBA teams, of their top-rated players on each team’s roster.
This is just gonna be a nice, summed up article of each team and their top-ranking players. We will do five per team as that can constitute a starting lineup or something along those lines.
NOTE: this is not predicted ratings, these are not rumors, these ratings are reported and are real that will be seen in the game when we all play shortly. So this is the real deal, don’t forget that.
- Devin Booker – 91 overall
- Chris Paul – 90 overall
- Deandre Ayton – 85 overall
- Mikal Bridges – 83 overall
- Cameron Johnson – 80 overall
Cameron Johnson is the last 80 overall as we see a good drop in overall numbers when we get to number six, Cameron Payne, coming out to be a 76 overall.
- Trae Young – 90 overall
- Dejounte Murray – 86 overall
- Clint Capela – 84 overall
- John Collins – 83 overall
- Bogdan Bogdanovic – 80 overall
Shockingly, Young is the only 90 overall player on this team. We then see a drop in overall numbers when we get down to Murray. Also, like the Suns, after the fifth player it gets done to the 70 overalls and below.
- Jayson Tatum – 93 overall
- Jaylen Brown – 87 overall
- Robert Williams III – 85 overall
- Malcolm Brogdon – 82 overall
- Al Horford – 82 overall
Kind of thought Brown could have been a 90 overall. However, it’s fine as the team is stacked with talented players that allows for the user to dominant.
- Kevin Durant – 96 overall
- Kyrie Irving – 89 overall
- Ben Simmons – 83 overall
- TJ Warren – 79 overall
- Seth Curry – 78 overall
Besides the top three players they have, the rest of this roster is not the best. After Curry being an 78 overall, it gets worse to Claxton and Harris bringing it down to a 76 overall. Not the strongest team to play as, especially if trying to win a championship.
- LaMelo Ball – 87 overall
- Terry Rozier III – 82 overall
- Gordon Hayward – 80 overall
- Kelly Oubre Jr. – 79 overall
- PJ Washignton – 78 overall
This is what I like to call a “rebuilding team”, would not recommend playing if trying to win a championship in franchise mode – unless you rebuild season after season. No 90s and would actually get beaten out by the Nets, that says a lot.
- DeMar DeRozan – 89 overall
- Zach LaVine – 88 overall
- Nikola Vuevic – 83 overall
- Lonzo Ball – 82 overall
- Andre Drummond – 79 overall
Team in theory works, still a 81 overall as a whole.
- Donovan Mitchell – 88 overall
- Darius Garland – 87 overall
- Jarrett Allen – 85 overall
- Evan Mobley – 84 overall
- Kevin Love – 80 overall
Pretty solid team as this would work for anyone who runs multiple seasons, or a season, in franchise mode. This would work out for you guys.
- Luka Doncic – 95 overall
- Christian Wood – 84 overall
- Spencer Dinwiddie – 80 overall
- Dorian Finney-Smith – 78 overall
- Tim Hardaway Jr. – 77 overall
Look at the huge gaps between Luka and everyone else. Even look at the smaller gaps between Wood and everyone else. Definitely something to consider if wanting to run with this Dallas franchise.
- Nikola Jokic – 96 overall
- Jamal Murray – 84 overall
- Michael Porter Jr. – 80 overall
- Aaron Gordon – 79 overall
- Nah’Shon Hyland – 76 overall
Same deal with the Mavericks, however, just run the court with Jokic and Murray. Trust me, it will save/win you guys game.
- Cade Cunningham – 84 overall
- Saddiq Bey – 80 overall
- Marvin Bagley III – 76 overall
- Isaiah Stewart – 76 overall
- Hamidou Diallo – 76 overall
For the love of everything basketball… DO NOT play as this team. Unless you wanna have Bey and Cunningham take the shots and do everything, I advise against playing with this team.
Golden State Warriors
- Stephen Curry – 96 overall
- Andrew Wiggins – 84 overall
- Klay Thompson – 83 overall
- Draymond Green – 83 overall
- Jordon Poole – 83 overall
Reigning champs transitioned into the video game… a definite GREEN LIGHT. Play as them as many times as you want. Desire a championship? Run it back with them!
- Jalen Green – 82 overall
- Jabari Smith Jr. – 78 overall
- Alperen Sengun – 77 overall
- Kevin Porter Jr. – 77 overall
- Jae’Sean Tate – 77 overall
If you hate yourself then play as this team. That’s all I gotta say.
- Tyrese Haliburton – 84 overall
- Myles Turner – 82 overall
- Buddy Hield – 78 overall
- Chris Duarte – 77 overall
- Jalen Smith – 76 overall
I’d take them over the Rockets… but, again, if you hate yourself then play as this team.
Los Angeles Clippers
- Kawhi Leonard – 94 overall
- Paul George – 88 overall
- Norman Powell – 80 overall
- John Wall – 78 overall
- Reggie Jackson – 77 overall
Fun team to play with when you have Leonard and George running the squad. I’d take this team to play with… it’s better than the other Los Angeles team (yes, I did just make a shot at the Lakers… deal with it).
Los Angeles Lakers
- LeBron James – 96 overall
- Anthony Davis – 90 overall
- Russell Westbrook – 78 overall
- Patrick Beverley – 78 overall
- Thomas Bryant – 76 overall
Overall, like I said, Clippers better than the Lakers… but am I biased? Yes, but just a little.
- Ja Morant – 93 overall
- Jaren Jackson Jr. – 83 overall
- Desmond Bane – 83 overall
- Steven Adams – 82 overall
- Dillon Brooks – 80 overall
Play with the Grizzlies as they are a really fun team in real life, so pretty much translate that to video game life and you will be rocking. Believe me on this one, you gotta try to win a chip with this franchise.
- Jimmy Butler – 93 overall
- Bam Adebayo – 87 overall
- Tyler Herro – 84 overall
- Kyle Lowry – 82 overall
- Victor Oladipo – 78 overall
Pretty strong core of players that could make it deep within the postseason. I would give support to anyone who plays with this franchise.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo – 97 overall
- Khris Middleton – 86 overall
- Jrue Holiday – 86 overall
- Bobby Portis – 80 overall
- Brook Lopez – 80 overall
Who wouldn’t play as this team? You’d be crazy not too. Honestly one of my top choices to try to win another ring.
- Karl-Anthony Towns – 89 overall
- Rudy Gobert – 88 overall
- Anthony Edwards – 86 overall
- D’Angelo Russell – 82 overall
- Naz Reid – 77 overall
Minnesota are one of those teams where players have mix feelings of whether or not they should play as them. In the end, you play as them as they got new additions to the squad.
New Orleans Pelicans
- Zion Williamson – 87 overall
- Brandon Ingram – 86 overall
- CJ McCollum – 85 overall
- Jonas Valanciunas – 83 overall
- Herbert Jones – 78 overall
Cool team to rock with, just don’t expect a title contention out of them.
New York Knicks
- RJ Barrett – 84 overall
- Jalen Brunson – 83 overall
- Julius Randle – 82 overall
- Derrick Rose – 81 overall
- Mitchell Robinson – 81 overall
I don’t know if this is a good thing or bad, but first team in 2K23 to have very close overalls. Like there were some teams (like the Clippers) who were far apart, the Knicks not so much. Actually, it is the complete opposite.
This would be a fun team to play with when it comes to franchise mode, why not play as Barrett or see how this new (in theory) Big-3 pans out? I’d give them a shot.
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander – 87 overall
- Josh Giddey – 82 overall
- Luguentz Dort – 77 overall
- Darius Bazley – 76 overall
- Aleksej Pokusevski – 75 overall
Yeah… so… don’t be expecting a championship in the first season with this group.
- Wendell Carter Jr. – 83 overall
- Franz Wagner – 80 overall
- Mohamed Bamba – 79 overall
- Cole Anthony – 78 overall
- Jonathan Isaac – 78 overall
Again, same deal like the Thunder, don’t expect a championship in the first season with this group of players. However, if you want to take a rebuilding team (who is favored more as underdogs) on a quest to win a championship; by all means, just do it. That would be compelling to do so.
- Joel Embiid – 96 overall
- James Harden – 89 overall
- Tyrese Maxey – 85 overall
- Tobias Harris – 82 overall
- De’Anthony Melton – 77 overall
If we were including more than five players on this list, then it would look more strong than what it already is, they have depth and that could win you a virtual championship – or at least push you deep into the postseason.
Portland Trail Blazers
- Damian Lillard – 89 overall
- Jusuf Nurkic – 82 overall
- Jerami Grant – 82 overall
- Anfernee Simons – 80 overall
- Josh Hart – 80 overall
This squad has made some additions and it has translated well to the 2K-World. Honestly, you could make things interesting within your franchise mode and how many seasons you carry out. They added three new guys that will make an impact, third one being Gary Payton II (he is a 77 overall), and it will certainly be a challenge but a fun one. I would give it a shot.
- Domantas Sabonis – 86 overall
- De’Aaron Fox – 84 overall
- Harrison Barnes – 80 overall
- Davion Mitchell – 77 overall
- Kevin Huerter – 76 overall
Welp, it is time to to see if you can break their 16-year playoff drought. They have great chances in real life, but let’s see if you can predict it in the game!
San Antonio Spurs
- Keldon Johnson – 82 overall
- Jakob Poeltl – 78 overall
- Devin Vassell – 76 overall
- Josh Richardson – 76 overall
- Isaiah Roby – 75 overall
This is a rebuild team, you don’t play as a rebuild team… unless you wanna bite for the entire season. Save yourself from the pain.
- Pascal Siakam – 86 overall
- Scottie Barnes – 84 overall
- Fred VanVleet – 83 overall
- OG Anunoby – 81 overall
- Gary Trent Jr. – 78 overall
This team is solid in real life and in the video game. I would play as this team to try to make it back to the NBA Finals and win it all within a couple of seasons.
- Mike Conley – 82 overall
- Bojan Bogdanovic – 80 overall
- Collin Sexton – 78 overall
- Lauri Markkanen – 78 overall
- Jarred Vanderbilt – 78 overall
Vanderbilt, Conley, and Bogdanovic could be on their way out very soon. Utah is tanking and this is not the most desirable team to play as, truthfully. I think some changes will happen and it won’t be the right ones to give you the boost you need to win games, championships, or whatever you are trying to accomplish.
- Bradley Beal – 87 overall
- Kristaps Porzingis – 85 overall
- Kyle Kuzma – 81 overall
- Monte Morris – 79 overall
- Daniel Gafford – 77 overall
This team has talent, but, and let’s be real here, how frustrating would it get playing this team constantly? It would get stale, old, and not very exciting. If you want to experiment with this team, by all means go right ahead. However, I am not sold on using this team for a franchise contending team towards the end goal of a championship. Unless you want a significant challenge.